YPH COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
Please read through these important procedures before your upcoming visit:
Phased Approach: We are excited to announce that with BC entering phase 3 of the restart plan we will be allowing 1 human member of the family to accompany their pet inside for doctor appointments starting July 12th, 2021.
We will institute the following safety procedures:
- Masks will remain mandatory by both staff and clients while in clinic regardless of vaccination status.
- Please call when you arrive outside to check in.
- When your doctor is ready, a staff member will lead you and your pet(s) to the exam room. To maintain physical distancing in clinic we ask that only one human family member accompany your pet(s) at this time.
- We will ask you to wait outside toward the end of your appointment while we wrap things up and complete treatments for your pet
- All other appointment types will continue to operate curbside.
If you are feeling unwell or uncomfortable coming inside please let us know so that we can either reschedule your appointment or offer a sidewalk concierge appointment instead.
We hope you understand our phased approach to a full reopening.
Sidewalk Concierge: We are offering sidewalk and contactless pick-up of all medications and prescription diets – please phone us when you have arrived. We strongly recommend visiting our Online Vet Store, where we can deliver your food and treats directly to your door.
Telemedicine: We are excited to offer virtual consultations with one of our doctors in the comfort and safety of your own home. These appointments provide face-to-face time with your vet, allow us to collect a thorough history, triage your pet and facilitate a drop-off time, should it be required for a hands-on exam, diagnostics or vaccines. You can book your own appointment here.
Payment Policy: We accept Debit, Visa, Mastercard, and GoFetch Reward payments at the door (tap preferred). We also offer a secure payment button on the top right corner of this website for surgery deposits, special orders and add-on lab tests.
Wellness Policy: If you or someone in your household are feeling ill in any way or have travelled outside of Canada within the past 2 weeks, we ask that you please cancel your appointment and book a telemedicine consult instead.
Kindness Policy: Abusive or rude behavior to our staff will not be tolerated. As the situation surrounding COVID-19 changes, we will continue to evolve our response to it. We appreciate your understanding and patience.